My Most Recent QSO's

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Balearic Islands Spain 4,164 miles QRP

I've been a little lax on my blog entries the last few weeks. I have a good excuse...It's because I haven't been near a radio.

I had planned to take the rig with me on our annual trip to the "Outer Banks of North Carolina" but, at the last second, we had car trouble. I didn't want to take a chance on breaking down on the road so I left it at home.

Since we've returned last Saturday, I've been making several contacts into Northeast Canada on 40 meters. This afternoon I decided to tune into the 20 meter CW band and listen for a few minutes.

At 2146z I heard EA6UN in the Balearic Islands of Spain on 14.038 MHz. He was working several stations (which I couldn't hear) and at the right time I answered his CQ as he was finishing his contact. I was surprised he immediately returned my call and we exchanged RST Name and QTH.

Jurek lives on the far side of Spain in the Mediterranean Sea. I "Spotted" him on the QRZ DX Cluster with the hopes others, on the east coast, might work him be able to find him. I was very lucky.

That little 18" Isotron Antenna surprises me sometimes.

No comments: