My Most Recent QSO's

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

YV5HUJ Venezuela


I've been away again, for about a week, so this evening when I scanned the 20 meter band, I was happy to work YV5HUJ in Caracas, Venezuela. Although only a few thousand miles distance, I'm always happy to work another station in South America.

BTW/ this call is a nightmare for CW......really tuff for me to get it right but was finally successful after several attempts. Here's a view of the downtown section of Caracas:


Edwin (YV5HUJ) does a lot of QRP but this evening he was using about 90 watts. He is a member of the North American CW QRP Club (NAQCC) of which I am also a member. Edwin is NAQCC # 4881. On a follow up e-mail, he said that he was hearing me quite clearly with my 5 watts of power.

2 comments:

VE9KK said...

Evening, for some reason I have lots of troubles getting into South America from my QTH. Now maybe with this new antenna things may start to change. As for the call I can understand it's the H5SHE call in a contest that drives me nuts to copy.

Jspiker said...

Hihi....how true. This one nearly ran me nuts but H5SHE at about 25 wpm. (scratching my head) I think I would have to trade it in for something more simple.---Thank God for DX Clusters. (and they can be wrong too).