My Most Recent QSO's

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Puerto Rico on 40 Meters

I'm beginning to love 40 meters more and more every night. Especially since I worked another "southern" station last night. I heard KP4SJ in Puerto Rico and exchanged the basics. There's a big storm bearing down on them now but it didn't phase our QSO. Pablo had a good signal here in West Virginia.

Afterwards, I watched the International Space station cross West Virginia sky. The pass put it parallel to the Appalachian Trail as it sped up the eastern coast towards Maine.  I've seen it a couple of times recently but forget to take the handi-talkie with me. If there's any activity on the ham bands, it can be easily heard in the brief few minutes that it's visible in the sky.


Paul PC4T said...

Hi John, 40 meter is a very nice band, especially in winter time. When the sun is less active in a few years, 40 meter will be my favourite band. 73 Paul

Jspiker said...

Hello Paul,

The vast majority of my contacts now are on 40 meters. I like it very much!

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello John, 40 m is great. When I started as a HAM I exclusively used a homebrew CW QRPp TRX (500 mW) on 40 m together with an Inverted Vee. In this way I worked many DXCC's all over Europe. I do not want to miss the aquired skill. hi GL on 40 m. 73, Bert