My Most Recent QSO's

Thursday, April 30, 2015

A New DX Station in Martinique #112 .


Just when I thought all the Caribbean stations are worked, another unexpected contact yesterday, with this island just North of St. Lucia. I've not had much time on the air lately so this was a welcome addition to the log book. The Island of Martinique  makes my 112th DX station worked with five watts or less of power with the indoor random wire.

I continue to be amazed at the power of Morse Code. I stand by the phrase "the most efficient mode of communication ever devised that is decipherable with only the human ear". A simple transmitter and receiver using Morse Code is worth it's weight in gold. My antenna a indoor random wire about 50 feet long in a spare upstairs room. I've worked thousands of stations and still have much fun even after 25 years of QRP.


2 comments:

Dick said...

"I continue to be amazed at the power of Morse Code. I stand by the phrase "the most efficient mode of communication ever devised that is decipherable with only the human ear". A simple transmitter and receiver using Morse Code is worth it's weight in gold."

Couldn't agree with you more! Sincere congratulations on your continued promotion of QRP CW and your own success rate. Perhaps will will finally QSO when I am back in the States this summer. Will try to get on 30M with an MP-1 out the window. 73 de Dick

Jspiker said...

Hello Dick,

Yes, we should set up a schedule or even chat on the telephone. Please keep in touch and I'll be looking forward to your arrival. I would love to hear about your life in France. 72's my friend.