My Most Recent QSO's

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The ARRL DX Contest - DX Country # 113


I worked my 113th DX country with a contact to V26M in Antigua and Barbuda during the ARRL DX Contest a few days ago. I worked ten DX stations within the first hour.

Although I was running my usual 5 watts into my indoor random wire, one of our NAQCC club members (read the next newsletter) worked Australia on 40 meters with about 1/2 watt of power. I felt lucky to make a dozen QRP DX contact in "contest conditions". Working Australia with less than a watt (1/2 a watt) under "contest conditions" is an astounding accomplishment!

2 comments:

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello John, well done on your indoor antenna. The contest is an excellent opportunity to work interesting stations. It's a fine list that you show. FB. 73, Bert

Jspiker said...

Thanks Bert. I amaze even myself. Hi Hi