My Most Recent QSO's

Monday, November 12, 2012

New Key


The latest addition to the N8ZYA radio shack is this Vibroplex Standard Iambic Key. Early testing and adjusting results are very promising. I'm still "fine tuning" it but it's easily capable of 20 + WPM. It will take a few days to get it "just right" for my own "personal settings". One of the best features that I like about this key is the "Made in America" nameplate. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find anything in this country that is actually manufactured here. The serial number on this key is # 401727. They're as much a "collectors item" as they are a fine, quality, precision made key. I'm proud to own this one.

9 comments:

Larry W2LJ said...

John, much luck and good sending with the new key. I've always been a Vibrolex fan!

Larry W2LJ

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

Great acquisition John! I love the Vibroplex Iambic. Some great history behind that key. The first step into the digital age as this was Vibroplex's first key designed to drive the then new technology of electronic keyers.

I have an identical model #113451 with the screen printed plate.

Enjoy the paddles and congrats!

-Mike W8MDE

Jspiker said...

Hello Larry,

This is my second Vibroplex key now and love them both. My other is the magnetic action square racer which I think I'll probably use from a picnic table. Looking forward to using the regular iambic from home.

btw/ glad things are slowly returning back to normal up there from the storms.

Jspiker said...

Hello Mike,

Yes...knew you owned one also and looking forward to fine tuning this one. It will take a few days for it to loosen up and for me to adjust to spring tension. I have a very "light" touch.

Dick said...

Your new Vibroplex paddle really looks good. Their prices are reasonable compared to some others.

Enjoy.

Jspiker said...

Hello Dick,

I'm looking forward to many long years of use with this key. Still listening for you on the air. Perhaps this winter will be the time?

Jeff Davis, KE9V said...

Very nice!

Jeff, KE9V

KL8DX said...

You're so right! I have one Vibroplex and I've used it faithfully for years. Congrats on the new addition!

Jspiker said...

Thanks Jeff and Phil,

I plan to use it for many years!