My Most Recent QSO's

Saturday, November 3, 2012

October Summary


October was a good month for me with most of my contacts on the 30 meter band. I worked 61 stations, 16 were NAQCC stations (my favorite pastime), 11 more 1,000 MPW stations ( I've lost count now) , 26 DX stations, and another 13 QRP stations.

I thought the above card (EA3NT) was an interesting one which I worked a few days ago. Tonight I worked PR7PO on the very far side of Brazil.


My longest contact this month was 5N7M in Abuja, Nigeria at a distance of 5,784 miles.


I've been working all my stations with 3 watts of power this month. 

10 comments:

KL8DX said...

Especially nice catch with the 5N7! Nicely done. And with only three watts? Now that's an accomplishment!

Dick said...

John, a fine month of great QRP successes. Congrats to you,OM es 73 de Dick

Jspiker said...

Hello Phil,

Thanks for the roses and btw/ still looking for Alaska. I'm hearing some and also Hawaii now but still not in the right place at the right time. I think the problem is the time difference. I'm going to have to plan a very late night attempt soon.

Jspiker said...

Hello Dick,

Still thinking of you and now listening back on 20 meters again. Sorry to hear about the vertical taking a dive.

VE9KK said...

Good morning John, looks like October was a great month. Great to see QRP is getting the distance for you.
Mike

Jspiker said...

Hello Mike,

I'm amazed too and it makes it seems wasteful to use any more wattage than necessary.

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi John, good results! And that with 3 watts. Great job. 73 Paul

Jspiker said...

Hello Paul,

Never had so much fun!

KL8DX said...

John, I would love to get ya in the log. Hopefully someday our paths will cross and with the 10 meter band being so good lately east, that may be the key to QRP success! I know you heard me last year or so from a previous blog post of yours. I'm looking forward to hearing you callsign emit out of the speaker of my 756PRO someday!

Jspiker said...

Hello Phil,

Yes...heard you on 20 meters and the upper bands should be in much better shape right now. I never ever give up and hope to work you one day. I'll also be listening for the KL8 call !