My Most Recent QSO's

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mystery Solved from Paraguay


It was nice to see this card in the electronic mail box this evening! I had mistaken the call for CP6CW and the mystery is now solved. While sitting at a picnic table at the Hurricane Wave Pool Park on November 11th, I distinctly hear the wrong call.  (it happens from time to time)

We've worked several times before but this was my first contact with them on 10 meters. Morse Code is such an amazing thing isn't it? You catch the band open for a few minutes and bounce a signal 4,677 miles into South America. I'm happy to see this confirmation card (ZP6CW) from Paraguay.


4 comments:

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello John, a mistake can make things worse, but this one brought you a very nice surprise. hi. 73, Bert

Jspiker said...

The really scary thing is that I'm so sure of what I'm hearing at the time. Hi Hi

VE9KK said...

Good evening John, some time ago I miss copied a Jamaican wrong once but I did look the wrong call up on the net and he had a page setup on QRZ.COM to inform people they most likely copied the call wrong and informed us what the real call was.
MIke

Jspiker said...

Hello Mike,

That's funny...never heard of such a thing but don't doubt it's true. Some stations sending at high speeds are nearly impossible to get the first couple of times. This isn't the first time I've missed one; probably won't be the last time. Hi Hi