My Most Recent QSO's

Thursday, February 11, 2016

NAQCC Club Promotion Video



Jock Irvine N1JI  has done an excellent job with this promotional video for our club. Watching this production makes me proud to be a member of such an "all volunteer organization" whose focus is on QRP CW operations and simple wire antennas.

This project took many long hours to tweak the audio and gather the pictures necessary for the proper display, in the correct order, to make it pleasing to the eye and the ear. He has done an excellent job splicing it together as a finished product.

I played only a small part in the video by providing the background music. Several months ago, Jock contacted me because he knew I played several instruments. Like himself, we both see music as an art form much like Morse code.


I consider the Ukulele to be the small QRP model of the guitar and thought it would work well as background music without distracting from the voice narrative. Much like QRP radio, the Ukulele is easily transported, very versatile, modestly priced, and easy to use in the field. Whether used at a campsite or sitting at a picnic table they're both great tools for relaxation. I've used both while sitting around a campfire.

I've had several hams ask me how I produced the background music in the video. The sound you hear in the video is actually two "mono" tracks recorded individually and mixed together to form a "master track". I was able to transfer the end result to my desktop and save it as a WAV file. I'm a long way from having it mastered but am looking forward to learning more and recording more as the weeks pass.

I used a Tascam DP-006 multi-track digital recorder. There's a learning curve to using this device. This was my first recording and I was lucky, after several attempts, to arrive with a finished product.

The video seems to be going very well for the club. I think the production explains our philosophy and operating modes very well.

Lifetime membership is Free -- so why haven't you signed up?


6 comments:

Dick said...

Very nice video. I've been a member for years as n2ugb. Not very active though. One of the better QRP clubs. 73 de Dick F8WBD

Jspiker said...

Hello Dick,

Thank you for your membership and great to hear from you again. Let me know about the next trip back to NY from France.

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi John, nice video of the QRP club. Thanks for sharing. 73 Paul PC4T

Jspiker said...

Hello Paul,

Good to hear from you. I don't have much time to write on the blog now. How is the family in the Netherlands?

BTW/ I'd love to hear your views about your recent trip to the US.

Send me an e-mail?

John

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello John, thanks for the very nice video. As a milliwatt enthusiast, I very much like the NAQCC 1000 Miles per Watt Award (#114 hi). Good luck with all activities. 73, Bert NAQCC #2038.

Jspiker said...

Hello Bert,

Glad you liked it. Thanks for your membership too!