My Most Recent QSO's

Monday, April 4, 2011

EA8/OK1DMP QRP Canary Islands


As luck would have it.....he fortunately copied my call sign after many many minutes of waiting for the signal to peak on a high point. I was incredibly confused trying to decipher his with the same process. I sent an e-mail with the hopes of confirming his power level. If he was at one watt, this was a fantastic contact on his part!

Update....got the e-mail this afternoon which reads:

I have used FT-817 (2.5W out), “stealth” antenna was 10m LW from hotel balcony at the 3-rd floor to tree about 8m up and with GP counterpoise (4x5m wire) on the balcony.


This is a fantastic contact from his location.....well worth a "thousand mile per watt award" as his distance is at least 3,000 miles @ 2.5 watts. I think this is the only European DX station I've worked under these conditions. What a nice contact! 


I sent Milan this card: 







1 comment:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hello John, yes that would be nice. Great contact. 73 Paul