My Most Recent QSO's

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Special Event Station in Nicaragua H70ORO


I worked several stations this evening but my highlight was a Special Event Station (H70ORO) in Managua Nicaragua. They're celebrating the 100th  Anniversary of writer, poet, and novelist Ruben Darios. This afternoon was my 14th contact into Nicaragua ; but this station,  is one of only three different stations I've ever worked here.

Sometimes I think I'm developing a "sixth sense" when it comes to operators, transmitters, and keys. Although this was a totally new call sign to me, it seemed uncannily familiar in some strange way. Here's my explanation:

The last dozen contacts I've made with Nicaragua have been with YN9SU. He's saved my hide several times when the bands have been terrible and I've tried to work a DX station. The rhythm, speed, the chirp of the transmitter, and the buttery smooth sound of the key leads me to believe only one thing.

It appears to me that H70ORO and YN9SU are the same operator! The design of both web pages are very similar also. To me, they both seem to have the same fingerprints on them.

Make sure to click on the links and see if you come to the same conclusion.

BTW/ Make sure to look at the H70ORO site carefully. At the very bottom of the page, I found a very amusing little dog that loves to play "chase" with a little red ball. You can reward him with a treat when he fetches the ball back to you.


2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Nice contact, don't hear Nicaragua very often. Seems to be more easy from your QTH. Especially like the dog on it's page, it's fun. 73, Bas

Jspiker said...

Hello Bas,

The YN9SU station has been a real "life saver" for me on more than one occasion. I hear him 99% of the time and usually, the "only" station from that country. It's a short skip from here and that makes a big difference between here and Europe.

I thought the "dog" was a really nice addition to the page. It's simple; but also very creative!