My Most Recent QSO's

Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Morning DX Contact


I was on the bands a little early this morning and fist heard activity on the 30 meter band. I worked FG5FR in Guadeloupe around 8 am. This is the 5th contact I've worked with this station.

The real excitement came with a contact into Central America which is a short distance from me and I heard, and was easily able to work,  YS3CW sending on the 17 meter band. This station is another new DX entity for me. (65)

I had trouble sleeping last night and spent some time listening around the 40 meter band. I was hearing HC2A in Quito Ecuador and SP6CES in Poland. There's another station in Jamaica I've been hearing regularly. It seems they have the beams pointed towards Europe and unable to hear me.

4 comments:

VE9KK said...

There is a station in Jamaica that has on many occasions been copied wrong and one would think they are making contact with China!! Only due to the fact that one letter was copied wrong. He has gone to the point of posting the call on QRZ informing folks it's not a china station they QSO'ed with but Jamaica.
Mike

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi John, congrats with your new DXCC El Salvador. Also still on my wish list. I was very late or early last night/morning because of my feverish condition. I worked a Italian Station with CW. 73 Paul

Jspiker said...

Hello Mike,

I've ran into similar situations like that also. hih The most recent was a "one dot" difference on a station I thought was in Alaska. Rather embarrassing but it happens. :-(

Perhaps there's a positive to it....sure makes a person listen carefully afterwards doesn't it?

Jspiker said...

Hello Paul,

Hope you feel better soon. There's a terrible round of the "flu" going around here. It's REALLY bad this year. I've managed to avoid it so far.