My Most Recent QSO's

Sunday, January 20, 2013

My Morning DX Contact


This morning was a VERY difficult contact on the 12 meter band. I was able to work PA4VHF in Hengelo Netherlands. He was so weak that I sent my call sign twice with a question mark to make sure he was hearing me and not another station.

The bands are changing and I'm not sure how many more consecutive days I'll be able to continue my string of morning DX contacts. Today is the 22nd day. I heard nothing on the 17 meter band I could work.

This morning is my 9th contact into the Netherlands. I've worked them on 20-10-12-17 and 30 meters.

6 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi John, you did it again. This coming week I will listen out for you on 17m CW. 73 Paul

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello John, what a great achievement. 22 Days of DX. Good to see that you have fun with radio.
Just try, whether the band changes or not. The band can change before or after the QSO. hi. 73, Bert

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello John, very unusual to choose 12m after you didn't make it on 17.
Surprised to read you did make qso in to the Netherlands. 73, Bas

Jspiker said...

Hello Paul,

It seems to be getting more difficult the last few days but still find 17 meters to be my best band. I'll keep calling for a few minutes on the 96 frequency. Thanks for listening.

Jspiker said...

Hello Bert,

And all my European stations @ 3 watts are good for MPW awards. I stand at over 50 now. Total DX now 288 and 67 DX entities. Heard Belize this evening but he was pointed your way. He would have been #68. hihi

Yes...I'm having a blast!

Jspiker said...

Hello Bas,

I'm surprised too....I've worked him before on 12 meters. This morning he was VERY weak and I was very surprised he could copy me.

I think my run of DX is about to end with the bands changing a little more every day. Propagation seems to be dropping now.