My Most Recent QSO's

Saturday, June 15, 2013

New DX Country # 86


I was able to work this new DX country (PZ5RA) on the Northern tip of South America this evening. Suriname is a mere 2,791 miles but was a difficult catch for me. He was listening "up two" and it took me several attempts to work him. Fortunately my friend Eric (AC8LJ) who also lives here in Charleston, worked him just a few moments before me. It gave me a good estimate of where he was listening.

This station in Suriname, makes my 86th DX contact.

2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hi John, a nice catch. Worked PZ5RA once on 10m RTTY late in the evening. I heard him many times on other bands but never been able to make a QSO other then the 10m band. Congrats...73, Bas

Jspiker said...

Hello Bas,

This one was true "luck". My receiver is very "loose". Sometimes I have to take a wild shot, and it works.