My Most Recent QSO's

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My 12th Contact into Bulgaria


I've worked Lubo (LZ1NP) in Bulgaria before; but last night he was 599 into the valley. I've also worked eleven other stations in this country. There seems to be a "pipeline" from here to there. I've heard other QRP stations here on the east coast mention the same phenomenon. They've got great ears over there!

All these contacts are over 5,000 miles from here; some of them are very weak but they still hear my 3 watt signal from the valley floor. I congratulate them all....

I also found openings into the Netherlands (PA4VHF) and in the southerly direction, PV8ADI in Brazil.


The Brazil logbook comes in with fifteen contacts. The Netherlands comes in with seven contacts. Despite my success with some of these DX stations, I still feel an excitement every time I work a new one.



2 comments:

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello John, It's great to make these exciting QSO's with low power. Enjoy the pipeline and good luck in 1000 MPW. 73, Bert

Jspiker said...

Hello Bert,

Yes...very much so with low power!