My Most Recent QSO's

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

10 Meter CW Contacts into South America


This evening I worked two nice CW stations on the 10 meter band. My first was HC2SL in Guayquil, Ecuador who, by the way, was another new DX entity for me. Al is number 52 for me, and since I've traveled in Ecuador, he was a real joy to work.

In addition to the joy of working this CW station, he was kind enough to "slow" down and actually say "hello" to me. (a little more than a handshake). Al (HC2SL) was sending at near 30 wpm. It was all I could do to decipher it, but when sure I had it correct, I sent my call sign at around 20 wpm. He slowed down to match my speed. The sign of a true professional....

I also worked another station in Brazil.  Mina (PY4ZF) is located in Rio Acima and the fourth contact into this area in the last few weeks. Both these stations gave me a 599 signal report from my 5 watt CW QRP signal!


As I mentioned earlier in this post, I've traveled in South America and will always remember standing on the equator. And I do mean,  "The Equator"....the exact line!

Here's some interesting pictures: 


Here's one of a an egg balanced on the head of a nail. Yea...say what you want, but I saw it with my own eyes. Not everything in the world can be explained in scientific terms....




No comments: