My Most Recent QSO's

Thursday, October 13, 2011

9A7R Croatia


Mystery solved, thanks to the QRP Spots Cluster. Just after working the Ukraine station yesterday, I worked this station in Croatia but could not, for the life of me, get this call sign correct. I posted what I thought I heard (9AZR) with the hopes that others could work him. Fortunately, N4BP figured it out.

Sometimes my brain just won't distinguish an extra "dot" in a high speed exchange. I listened very carefully and still could not hear the difference between Z and 7. Sometimes even posting the wrong call on a cluster can lead to a good thing. Yesterday was my third contact in Croatia.

2 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi John, well done. On 40 meter? 73 Paul

Jspiker said...

Hello Paul,

I've worked a few DX stations on 40 meters, but not many. I worked 9A7R on 14.026.75 @ 1900z.