My Most Recent QSO's

Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Bike is My Best Friend Today


The headlines in this mornings paper say there are 600,000 people in the state without power today.



My bicycle was my best friend since my immediate needs are met with this machine. I was VERY glad that I didn't have to wait in long lines to "feed the kitty". Today it's not unusual to spend an hour just to get gasoline or cat food. I saw this along the sidewalk. I think it was someone just trying to stay cool yesterday.


This is a big problem today:


3 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good afternoon John, I guess today if you don't have to go out then don't. It will give the cleanup crews less action on the roads so they can do there jobs in cleaning up. Those sure are long lines for the petrol it would seem to me you would burn less gas if you stayed home and out of the lines. Well good to hear you are safe along with the kitty. Keep us updated with news!!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Wow, people really depend on gasoline and electricity. What else can they do. Guess most of them have no bike. You're a lucky guy...73, Bas

Jspiker said...

Hello Mike and Bas,

It was brutally hot again today with temperatures in the upper 90's. This morning I noticed several people sitting on their front porch. I thing a few actually slept there.

There's another severe storm warning this evening so I look for more bad weather tonight.

Yes, it's silly to waste all that gasoline sitting in line for up to an hour. I've always said a bicycle is one of the worlds greatest inventions. My wife and I both value our bicycles more than the auto. Hihi