My Most Recent QSO's

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

GM0UDL SCOTLAND


I liked this picture so much that I decided to show it for my contact today. But you can be sure that Andrew (GM0UDL) wasn't in the field. My QRP station was a difficult contact for him today from Northern Scotland. He has a magnificent array of antennas showing on the QRZ.com site.

He was my only shot across the Atlantic for several days now. The band is just terrible....

I almost drool when I hear OK1KW (Czech Republic) calling CQ every evening, but know he will never hear me under these conditions. I had a copy also on DJ9IE in Germany with the same results.

Because of the poor band conditions, I was overjoyed to make this QSO. I really needed it. Psychologically ....these last few DX contacts have me really keyed up.

No comments: