My Most Recent QSO's

Monday, June 27, 2011

HP1/IZ6BRN Panama City


I never expected to work another DX Station today. I didn't  think the band was there. I was only hearing very weak stations in Spain,  but Sergio (HP1/IZ6BRN) nearly burst my eardrums when I tuned to the 14.061 QRP frequency just after dinner. We both exchanged 599 reports and he quickly moved on to more stations.

I rarely get into South America but he obviously was pointed right at me. Panama is a completely new (radio) country for me but working this station brought back some old memories.


This is the bridge spanning North and South America. I can still clearly remember sailing under it 43 years ago. I was barely 20 years old and had absolutely no concept of life or the real world. Some people say "life is like a box of chocolates, 'ya never know what 'ya 'gona get".

I wish I could live that part of life again but in a different way.


No comments: