My Most Recent QSO's

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Moscow Russia


I'm in a rush this morning and will have practically NO radio time today; but I managed to log UA5C in Moscow Russia this morning, just after a quick breakfast. I found him on the 15 meter band and it was truly a "knock your socks off" signal.


I'm just amazed at these big Russian stations. Alex was sending quickly this morning but immediately dropped down to my speed to say hello. More than just a handshake, I passed along my QRP status. I've worked several of these big stations now. Today was my 8th contact into this part of the world and at 5,031 miles, an EASY catch.


I'm driving my Dad to the Veterans Hospital, in a town about 50 miles from here today. My brother and I will both be with him. No big medical problems. Just a new hearing aid for him; but it will take most of the day to get there and back. There's snow on the highway this morning and we expected 10-15 inches of the white stuff in the mountains. For now, there's just a few flurries. I'm hoping the weather will be stable most of the day.


No comments: