My Most Recent QSO's

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sao Miguel Island in the Azores CT8/PA4N


There is a major Geomagnetic Storm wrecking havoc on the bands this morning. I'm, again, hearing very little on the bands. It's a tuff time for DX'ers.

But again, as luck was with me, I worked a fellow from the Netherlands (PA4N) who was transmitting from the Island of Sao Miguel in the Azores. (CT8/PA4N

Know as the "Green Island", it's the largest in the chain of islands in the Azores. It's worth a few minutes to "google" this place. I find it VERY beautiful and envy the operator, who by the way, was only using 100 watts of power.

I can't imagine a more scenic spot on the planet to play radio.

The poor band conditions, the last few days, has forced me to spend time on 40 meters again; and I've enjoyed some long QSO's with local stations. I'm hanging around the QRP watering holes and look forward to more long conversations on this band.

I've spent many years on this band and enjoy talking to old friends in the 200-700 mile range.


No comments: