My Most Recent QSO's

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Long Texas QSO

Just what I needed to cheer me up a bit after the disastrous contest this weekend!

About 10 pm this evening I was tuning a little high of the Fists frequency (7062 Mhz) and heard a 5 call with pretty good signal strength. (449)

I always give these things a "shot" with the assumption that if I can hear a station, they can hear me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.....

Wayne (W5WRF) in Argyle, Texas and I carried on a QSO for about half an hour. He was using a Kenwood at about 70 watts. I was, of course, operating with 5 watts. The band shifted slightly and I decided to use the max 10 watts because his signal dropped to a 229, but I copied 90% or more of the entire conversation by tweaking the knobs a bit.
Jim was 1100 miles from me here in West Virginia.
Oh.....by the way, my RST was 589!

I really needed that one!

No comments: