My Most Recent QSO's

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day


Being a Veteran myself, today takes on a special meaning for me. On Memorial Day, I think of all those who paid the  "ultimate price" for our freedom, and also those who are maimed for life with physical and emotional injuries. Every time I visit the Veterans Hospital I see the enormous cost of war.

After 45 years, since serving in the Vietnam Conflict, there are still days when a sound, a smell, a sensation, or a visual image brings back memories, depression, and anger within me. I've learned to live with those feelings but I will never forget them.

On Memorial Day, my thoughts and prayers go out to all of our "military personnel" with the dream that, all the people in the world, someday, will live in peace, harmony and prosperity.

No comments: